A coalition of industry, NGOs, consumer groups and cities are calling on the European...
TISPOL Mission Statement
WORKING TOGETHER TO MAKE EUROPE'S ROADS SAFER AND MORE SECURE
A very warm welcome to the TISPOL website. We are using the latest in web technology to bring you the definitive home of road safety news, information, multimedia, discussions and more, all from the European Traffic Police Network.
"The TISPOL Organisation has been established by the traffic police forces of Europe in order to improve road safety and law enforcement on the roads of Europe.
Our main priority is to reduce the number of people being killed and seriously injured on Europe's roads. We believe the enforcement of traffic law and education, where appropriate, will make a significant contribution to reducing the carnage on our roads. This is evident in a number of TISPOL member countries."
THE TISPOL MISSION STATEMENT:
TISPOL will work in partnership to make Europe's roads safer and secure. The key focus of our work will be achieving reductions of road deaths and serious injuries through the enforcement of road traffic offences and the education of all road users. Further we will support the security of the road network by tackling criminality and cross border crime.
- SERVICE - providing a service with the positive consent and support of all members.
- PROFESSIONALISM - striving to improve our skills and expertise in order to improve performance, ensuring a professional image is portrayed at all times.
- INTEGRITY - to treat people fairly and with high ethical standards.
- COMPASSION - delivering services in a sympathetic and considerate manner and maintaing a duty of care to victims, witnesses and the public in general.
- EQUALITY and FAIRNESS - underpinning everything we do is a committment to equality and fairness in the delivery of services to the public and in our treatment of each other.
TISPOL is active in the field of ROAD POLICING and is committed to reducing death, serious injury and crime on Europe's roads.
The organisation acts as a PLATFORM FOR LEARNING and EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICE between the traffic police forces of Europe. Its activities are guided by research, intelligence, information and experience, and producing measureable results.
TISPOL supports EDUCATION FOR ROAD USERS, backed up where necessary by enforcement. This in turn makes a SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION to reducing road casualties.
TISPOL works with a number of strategic partners as it continues its efforts to make Europe's roads safe and more secure.
THE TISPOL STRATEGIC PLAN 2015-2017
TISPOL launched its three year Strategic Plan in January 2015. The Plan covers the period 2015 to 2017. A copy of the Strategic Plan may be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
VISION: To be the most effective Police Road Safety Network in the World.
TISPOL is committed to the reduction of road deaths, serious injuries and crimes on Europe's roads. The Strategic Plan is intended to deliver against the core purpose of making the European road network safe and secure. The Strategic Plan has 4 key objectives:
- Objective One: SAFE - to work in partnership, to deliver, safer European Road Network for all users.
- Objective Two: SECURE - to work in partnership, to detect and prevent, crime on the road network within Europe.
- Objective Three: EFFECTIVE - TISPOL will effectively engage in partenerships and activity that, deliver a safer and secure road network throughout Europe.
- Object Four: EFFICENT - TISPOL will ensure an efficient organisational and financial plan for 2015 - 2017 is implemented.
|TISPOL Strategic Plan.pdf||700.04 KB|