A Coventry man has been sent to prison for 2 years and 4 months for trying to sit...
This Country Driving Guide is to help drivers visiting Bulgaria.
- The population of Bulgaria is 7.10 million.
- The country borders with Greece, Turkey, Macedonia, Romania and Serbia.
- The coastline with the Black Sea is 354 km in length.
- Bulgaria has 3,826,962 registered vehicles of which 3,013,863 are cars
- There are nearly 4.5 million driving licence holders in the country
- There are 674.8 km of motorway and expressways
- The official language is Bulgarian and the Cyrillic alphabet is used
- The international vehicle identity plate is 'BG'
- If you are involved in a collision, you must stop without endangering others and remain at the scene. If there is injury, call Police on 112. Do not move the vehicle(s) unless necessary. Do not consume alcohol before the arrival of control authorities. For damage only collisions, exchange driver, owner and insurance details and co-operate to determine damage caused. Notify the Ministry of Interior of the collision.
- If broken down stop in a safe place and arrange for recovery of the vehicle. Use 112 (24 hour toll free number)
- Mandatory daylight running lights.
- Restrictions on young drivers.
- Road signs showing areas of high collision concentration.
- Bulgarian National Police website www.mvr.bg
- Police emergency contact number 112.
- For more information about driving in Bulgaria please see the European Commission Road Safety Link - 'Going Abroad'