News and Events
The European Union has established a framework of social rules for goods and passenger road transport operators with three complementary goals:
- to ensure the adequate social protection of road transport workers;
- to guarantee fair competition between undertakings;
- to improve road safety by averting road fatigue.
Every day special trained police officers can find illegal technical equipment installed in trucks and coaches for tampering with tachographs to hide the driving times.
- On average, 70 people still die every day on Europe’s roads
- Every road death prevented has an estimated value of more than £1.75 million (€1.94 million)
- Drivers, riders, pedestrians and all other road users are encouraged to sign the pledge at projectedward.eu/pledge and spread the word on social media using #ProjectEDWARD
This Sunday the European Commission launches for the 17th time EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK, its flagship campaign that runs from 16 – 22 September annually with the aim to improve quality of life by promoting clean mobility and sustainable urban transport. Over 2,400 towns and cities from 50 countries will hold events to mark this year’s celebration, giving people the opportunity to explore the role of mobility in their daily lives and to experiment with clean transport modes. EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK culminates in the trademark car-free day.