News and Events
A safety and security seminar for operators of light commercial vans took place recently in Birmingham. The seminar was chaired by Superintendent Paul Keasey, Head of the Central Motorway Police Group, Head of the UK National Road Police Intelligence Forum and member of the TISPOL European Road Policing Group.
SMART = 'sober mobility across road transport'
TISPOL recently attended a conference in London on the subject of drink-drive enforcement.
- Francesca Manchi, Political Officer European Commission Representation in the UK
- Antonio Avenso Excutive Director ETSC
- Elizabeth Shovelton UK Department of Transport Dft
- Tim Madgwick Deputy Chief Constable North Yorkshire Police
- Professor Allsop Special Advisor to PACTS
Guardia Civil Traffic Police in Guadalajara and Soria detained people when they were attending the exam to get their driving licences. The males, natives of Pakistan Bangladesh and two from India, were attending the exam on 5 and 10 November, when they illegally tried to get the answers to the exam questionnaire using their smart-phones. According to the Spanish Penal Code, they were charged with an offence against the Public Administration. A third person outside supported them to get the correct answers.